Friday, June 19, 2009

My Bad Luck

What's the saying....If it weren't for my bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!! Oh, how true.
First off was that just before I left home, my refrigerator went kaput! When the repairman installed a new one, the company had shipped the wrong one. And he installed it in the afternoon in 98 degreeF weather and a Friday afternoon. Earliest I could get an exchange was the following Monday. I was the one who noted the difference in the one he took out and the one he installed, not him. Some people can't read. Thanks to Duane's sharp eye, before he installed the transmission cooler in the Road Runner, he checked the item. Someone had hand-written the wrong part number on the outside of the box and it didn't coordinate with the label on the box nor with the item in the box. Here I go again, requesting a replacement on a Friday afternoon , but (HOPEFULLY) next day delivery. As Joan said, just blow away your troubles! The shipping error certainly gave Duane a day off and a chance to sit and visit. We also had Sugar, the minature horse in the yard with us for awhile. She thinks she is a dog!! Clemintine, one of the donkeys wasn't too happy with the situation and let Millie know it. "Clem" wants to get out, too!!

Joan , in the meantime, has departed for Round Rock, where I just came from. She desperately needs new tires for the Happy Turtle and they will be in on Monday, perhaps Tuesday. She is also attending a jazz concert with Fay tonight in Austin. Amye is here with me.

And so, we are kissing our troubles away and waiting for another day to leave. One of these days..... that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment