Saturday, July 4, 2009

Twentynine Palms, California

Sunrise over the Colorado River

I took this picture last Monday when we were camped on the Colorado River in Blythe, CA. Beautiful sunrise, it was!

As you can tell by today's title of this posting, I am still in Twentynine Palms. Another clitch....seems that the wrong shroud was shipped. I will be here until Tuesday. What a waiting game!

I encouraged Amye and Joan yesterday to go ahead with our plans and leave for Oakdale, Ca to visit Amye's friends for the 4th of July weekend. Amye is scheduled to have new tires mounted Monday or Tuesday and Joan is having her air conditioning unit put on a diagnostic machine at a VW dealer. Hopefully they will have better luck than me.

I think the people here are beginning to think I am a new resident. If they start waving at me, I'm in deep trouble. They have seen me at the local Mickey D's, Jack-in-the-box, and 7-11. If it wasn't to far to the Carousel Cafe, I'd be seen there again, too. I am waiting all this out in the moderate comfort of the Road Runner. It gets so blistering hot (my lips can prove that with the blisters on them) during the day, the air conditioner struggles to keep this place cool. At night, when the sun goes down, things really cool down. But I keep the a/c going hoping it will maintain the temperature during the day.
Message to Amye and Joan: Stay cool, gals! My turns coming!!













1 comment:

  1. Wonderful picture! Karl said that can't be a real picture because there isn't any water left in the Colorado. :-)

    I hope the parts arrive tomorrow and they are able to put the Road Runner back together again and on the road.

    ReplyDelete