Tuesday, July 7, 2009

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!


Joshua Park Tin Town


I took a long walk at 6:30 this morning to take some of the murals around town. I took another one of the mural at Tin Town. On the right side of the picture is the miner coming out of the mine. Part of the mine (on the left ) is painted on the wall. The artist then gave it a three dimensional look by building the wall out ( on the right) with stones and adding a wooden entrance to the mine. He then added a real mine cart but painted the figure. Very clever!



Welcome Home, Dad!

Many of the murals honor our Marines. I wish this was clearer. It was one of my favorites. I got to eat breakfast at Laura's Cafe in Tin Town. Great atmosphere! And the food was yummy. They served enough country fried potatoes it would have fed three people.


Well, now for the good news. It was about 1:30 PM when the part for the motorhome finally arrived. I was beginning to think I would have to spend another day in Twentynine Palms. Since the shop was closed for vacation, the owner and three other men from the towing side of the business got together and had the cooling fans, shroud and radiator put back into the Road Runner in good time. The one that got to road test the motorhome, came back raving what a great vehicle to drive! He was totally amazed. I paid or should I say charged the bill on a credit card and was "ready to get out of Dodge"! Since it was after 3 PM, I opted to go back to the campground we all stayed in last week to take care of emptying the holding tanks, put more water on board and take a long hot shower!!! It was still 107 degrees at 4 PM.


Other good news - The Happy Turtle is "COOL" again. Joan now has dash air conditioning. And with Amye having new tires on the 'Tilton Hilton, we seem to be in good shape. I will leave here tomorrow about 5 AM and head for Oakdale, CA where two of the three TTT's are enjoying the pool and hospitality of Amye's friend. Move over girls! SPLISH! SPLASH!


4 comments:

  1. Yay! Great news indeed. I'm really enjoying your pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your pictures of town. Safe driving and no more problems. Send the heat east.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure glad your back on the road. What a terribly hot place to get stuck in. Yet, Tin Town looks fun. As a RVer I sympathise with the multiple breakdowns. I've been there. Keep the rubber down and enjoy the coolness of OR.
    I like your blog and will certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the kinds words Gaelyn! Are you Welsh by any chance?

    ReplyDelete