Sunday, August 2, 2009

On The Road Again

Mountain Goat (courtesy of Joan)

The "Red Jammers"


Sunday: Today was a travel day from West Glacier, MT to Deer Lodge, MT. The road was good except the last 10 miles before we got on I-90. The Montana DOT is widening Rt 93 to 4 lanes. Road crews were not working today, but a lot of the time we traveled dirt road! It was like an old wash board. Joan got stuck behind a U-haul doing about 10mph in a 35 mph zone. We are settled in at a campground and doing laundry. So I thought I would just post more pictures of Glacier National Park.



Rapids in a Creek



Another mountain stream




Waterfalls

Bishop's Hat


Tomorrow it is on to Yellowstone and "Old Faithful". I tried to buy a second battery for my camera, but WalMart was out of the one that would fit. Oh, well! I will charge it up again tonight.







3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. The mountain goat is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics. Glacier looks amazing. I'll have to visit it. Yellowstone is marvelous too.
    Hope your using lithium batteries. They last longer.

    Thanks for posting more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are great at taking pictures. However how do you deal with those riggs always breakdown. I think you should just pitch a tent at night (no mufflers to worry about). anyway enjoy your trip. We actually have some sun today.

    ReplyDelete